User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sergeant Sergeant: 100 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually run silencer and extended mags on the MP7 and it destroys for the most part. I've lost a few battles here and there but win more than I lose.

Sent from the warzone using ToXiC Tapatalk 2.

Resident Gun Nut Captain: 3500 posts Tetris Champion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so I just tested this question in a private match. What I did was created 2 classes, first class was an MP7 with nothing on it (no proficiency, no attachments) . The second class was an MP7 with range proficiency and silencer.

I went on dome and took that long straight in the middle of the map as my test area. One guy was standing next to the tank, the other guy was standing next to the Humvee and the Trailer at the other end of the middle section.

The first test I performed with the normal MP7 (no proficiency, no attachments) five times just to make sure that I could repeat the exact same results. With the normal MP7 it took 5 shots to kill the enemy, the words long shot showed up on the screen.

Then I repeated the exact same 5 tests with the MP7 (range proficiency and silencer attachment) attached this time. With the result of each test I completed I was able to kill the enemy in 5 shots. Again the words long shot showed up on the screen.

So to answer your question, for the MP7 range does cancel out the affects of the silencer. Hope this helps, if it did, please hit the thanks button.
    Last edited by SeaBass; 05-22-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    PSN - SeaBass_1944

Check out my Improvement/Tips Thread:Improving Slowly

THE GRAND POOBAH  photo cardicon_prestige10anim_zps64145bd4.gif

Thanks
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass View Post
    Okay, so I just tested this question in a private match. What I did was created 2 classes, first class was an MP7 with nothing on it (no proficiency, no attachments) . The second class was an MP7 with range proficiency and silencer.

I went on dome and took that long straight in the middle of the map as my test area. One guy was standing next to the tank, the other guy was standing next to the Humvee and the Trailer at the other end of the middle section.

The first test I performed with the normal MP7 (no proficiency, no attachments) five times just to make sure that I could repeat the exact same results. With the normal MP7 it took 5 shots to kill the enemy, the words long shot showed up on the screen.

Then I repeated the exact same 5 tests with the MP7 (range proficiency and silencer attachment) attached this time. With the result of each test I completed I was able to kill the enemy in 5 shots. Again the words long shot showed up on the screen.

So to answer your question, for the MP7 range does cancel out the affects of the silencer. Hope this helps, if it did, please hit the thanks button.

@SeaBass

I wonder how many shots it would have taken to kill him with the silencer without the range proficiency?

Metal Head First Sergeant: 1000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I wonder too. Also, TmarTn did a video that proved that the rapid fire on the MP7 wasn't a huge increase like it is with the P90 and PP90M1 for example. I still use the MP7 with rapid fire most of the time though.

Check Your 6

Thanks
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still silenced its good at range. I wouldnt waste my attachment on it. I use a silencer with rapid fire lol

Sergeant Sergeant: 100 posts
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drift0r did an in-depth video specifically about this, in case you're still wondering about a few things. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdKWG807uM]MW3 In Depth - Silencers & Range Proficiency (w/ MOAB!) - YouTube[/ame]
    I used to make arrow to the knee jokes like you.
    BUT THEN I REALIZED THAT THEY'RE STUPID.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@THUMP3R - I'll give this a try tonight when I get online.
    PSN - SeaBass_1944

Private First Class Private First Class: 15 Posts
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gst8jiJlHaA
    TmarTn has a really good video showing how the Range & Silencer setup works. There it is ^

Corporal Corporal: 50 posts
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass View Post

Range with a silencer doesn't completely cancel out. Here is the math (.75 of weapon max range[silencer]) x (1.25 of weapon max range[range prof.]) = (.9375 of weapon max range) so you lose about 6% of your weapons range when you use Range prof with a silencer. Not a huge amount lost but still sumthing is lost. This is why range statistically works better with weapons with a higher max range because its a percentage not a set numerical addition.

Himmi up for MW3 Dom or KC !!! XBL- FoxTrot v7

Thanks
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that was the case then the MP7 wouldn't have been able to kill the enemy target in 5 shots at a long distance, it would have required 6 shots. Because each player has 100 "hit points" if you want to call them that. At long distance the MP7 is capable of dealing 20 damage per bullet, at close range it causes 35 damage per bullet. So if the Range proficiency didn't cancel out the Silencer you would be doing less than 20 damage points per bullet requiring you to kill the target with 6 shots instead of 5.
    PSN - SeaBass_1944

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast