The Hand of the King Commander: 10,000 Posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation How to get Banned from MW3!

Posted by fourzerotwo on the official call of duty forums
    Modern warfare 3 online Code of Conduct (How to get banned)
    When playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 online, either in multiplayer or Spec Ops mode, we encourage you to play fair, have fun, and be respectful of other online players. To assist us in keeping the online components of Modern Warfare 3 fair, fun, and safe for all players; we regularly monitor stats, review player reports, and take action on player behavior that violates the spirit of the game. Below are just a few examples of what type of behavior could lead to your account being banned from playing, stats reset, wiped or prevented from appearing on the leaderboards, or restricted in other ways from participating in the online components of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. In addition, it is at our discretion to increase, decrease, or alter the punishments on an individual basis as we see fit.

a. Boosting - Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of organizing cooperative or single game play for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.

(i) First Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 48 hours and a stats reset.

(ii) Second Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 7 days with a stats reset.

(iii) Third Offense: With proper verification, user is perm banned.

b. Cheating - Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of unknown boosting, glitching, hacking or other related offenses for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.

(i) First Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 48 hours and a stats reset.

(ii) Second Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 7 days with a stats reset.

c. Glitching - Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of organizing cooperative or single game play for the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks. Examples: Exploiting map holes, the javelin glitch, and participating in modded lobbies.

d. Hacking - Any player demonstrating 'game abuse' in the form of modifying the executable or creating infected lobbies with or without the purpose of gaining experience, prestige, score, weapon levels, icons, titles or other related in-game unlocks.

(i) First Offense: With proper verification, user is console banned.

e. Offensive_Behavior - Any player demonstrating in-game verbal abuse, harassing, or other related behavior deemed as universally unacceptable to other players.

(i) First Offense: With proper verification, user is banned for 24 hours

f. Offensive_Gamertag - Any player demonstrating an offensive in-game gamer tag, to be decided as universally unacceptable to other players.

(i) First Offense: With proper verification, user is reputation banned 5000. A reputation ban that exceeds a certain threshold can lead to bans from playing.
    If you're thinking about cheating/glitching/hacking/exploiting I urge you to reconsider. It's not worth the ban and it's a shameful way of playing that displays pure lack of skill, not to mention it ruins the game we all want to enjoy.
    Last edited by JontheGeekGuy; 04-25-2012 at 11:25 AM.

If you have any questions about the site, please use the Suggestions & Feedback forum.

IPC Forum Rules | IPC User Guide

COD Community VIP General: 9000 posts Snake Champion, Asteroids Champion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone thinking about doing the above. Think again

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Young man, don't rely on a sword.
    Cause your words will outlive even time.
    --O|A|R--

I Play CoD Rules
    If you have any questions about the site, please use the Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Master Sergeant Master Sergeant: 750 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I wonder is of course glitching in private matches, technically its not to exploit anything to gain anything at all, so is it legal?
    Last edited by Mr88bright88; 01-06-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Misspell

PSN-Mr88bright88 include IPC in invite.

IPlayCod.com RULES
    Quote Originally Posted by pandamancan2 View Post
    i'm normally good about throwing c4's but there are those times where a sign seems to appear out of no where like a wild snorlax.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are two things I would say about that. The first is, if you're playing people you know in a private match, and they know about it, I suppose it's not cheap, and who would have a problem with it and report you? and the second is never share a glitch like that on a youtube, or forum like this because while your intentions may be good and for fun, other people out there will use that for more nefarious purposes.

COD Community VIP General: 9000 posts Snake Champion, Asteroids Champion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe that that any form of glitching, hacking, ext. once verified, still results in the bans

Young man, don't rely on a sword.
    Cause your words will outlive even time.
    --O|A|R--

I Play CoD Rules

COD Community VIP Colonel: 5000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Mr88bright88 Glitch is a glitch, you are still exploiting the game whether it is in a private match or not. So no it is not alloyed

Master Sergeant Master Sergeant: 750 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright well thank you, the only reason I ask is because the only one I "have heard of" requires double health which is obviously impossible to exploit in any manner, but that's just my opinion, it reminds me of the speed glitch in private matches back in mw2 days.

In addition I'm not attempting to disrespect any of you by arguing this topic, my objective is to just debate it, because in my opinion it is controversial because it technically does fall within and outside the confines of the rules previously stated.
    Last edited by Mr88bright88; 01-06-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: adding, didn't want to create new post.

PSN-Mr88bright88 include IPC in invite.

IPlayCod.com RULES
    Quote Originally Posted by pandamancan2 View Post
    i'm normally good about throwing c4's but there are those times where a sign seems to appear out of no where like a wild snorlax.

Prestige Member 2nd Lieutenant: 2500 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is why i dont do any of these things. some people said "oh that clan tag glitch is fine, you wont get banned". well even if they are right i'd rather not risk getting everything that i've worked for reset.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't risk it at all personally, I was just saying that unless there is no chance of anyone in the match reporting you (ie: system link with friends, private match with friends only all of whom are aware) it can still result in a ban. IW has to verify the use of a glitch, and while I don't think they randomly check your private matches, if one person doesn't like it and hits the report button, they will check your previous games, private or otherwise. I'm not sure how they do this, for example, if you glitch with a friend, and your friend goes into a live match and tries to glitch, gets reported and IW checks previous games, they might see your glitch as well.

At the end of the day I say don't even bother, it's not worth it.

Metal Head First Sergeant: 1000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just glad they are following through with this post release support. Cheating at a video game is pathetic and the rest of us shouldn't have to suffer for it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast