Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    COD Community VIP Sergeant: 100 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumnhammer View Post
    Just ditch the lag comp completely already, all the other fixes are secondary to the enjoyment of the game!

Sick of leaving the lobby every time I become the host! Getting rid of lag comp would make the game a million times more enjoyable for me and everybody else with a decent internet connection.

Chris Rummel
    No, it wouldn't. Removing lag compensation would cripple every game you ever play with a party that includes people from differing states or even those within your own state.

If that feature were removed you'd have to learn how to lead your targets and know which targets to actually lead per game. The users with the lowest pings would win and the host would be godly.

This is a huge misconception that most gamers have.
    Last edited by II F0XH0UND II; 12-16-2011 at 01:28 PM.

The Pandaman Can Lietenant Colonel: 4500 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh a shiney green man. i'm a little jelly

P.A.B.D.K
    Panda's Workshop like for my interesting artwork!
    Quote Originally Posted by JontheGeekGuy View Post
    You see Panda, the problem is that your train of thought.... well it isn't really a train at all.... it's more of a hamsterball.... It just goes all over the place so few people actually get it.

IPC Clan Member Sergeant Major: 1500 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@pandamancan2 Your on fire today ain't you? "I'm a little jelly." I'm all about that gold! (in my best Michael Myers voice) I LOVE GOLD!

Sorry for going off the topic, it wont happen again.

Corporal Corporal: 50 posts
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default yeah

Quote Originally Posted by II F0XH0UND II View Post
    No, it wouldn't. Removing lag compensation would cripple every game you ever play with a party that includes people from differing states or even those within your own state.

If that feature were removed you'd have to learn how to lead your targets and know which targets to actually lead per game. The users with the lowest pings would win and the host would be godly.

This is a huge misconception that most gamers have.
    Then they need to reverse it so that the host doesn't take the brunt of the lag. Honestly in BLOPs the host had a slight advantage, but it was not on the level of disadvantage that they have on this game, not even close! In other words comp the others with shitty connections up instead of comping the host with the good connection down. if that makes any sense.
    The amount of lag the host bears on this game makes it unenjoyable.
    Chris Rummel

Boom! Headshot Major: 4000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is out of date. Look, I did the hard work for you.
    Original post updated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then they need to reverse it so that the host doesn't take the brunt of the lag. Honestly in BLOPs the host had a slight advantage, but it was not on the level of disadvantage that they have on this game, not even close! In other words comp the others with shitty connections up instead of comping the host with the good connection down. if that makes any sense.
    The amount of lag the host bears on this game makes it unenjoyable.
    Chris Rummel
    Title Update 7 should have addressed this and, regardless or not if it didn't, they included the ability to hotfix/tweak those settings. It'll take time to see the full effects of things from this point forward.

"In other words comp the others with shitty connections up instead of comping the host with the good connection down. if that makes any sense."

Anti-lag doesn't work like that. There is no throttling of connections, so they can't technically "comp" someone "up or down." We as gamers don't know what was wrong with how host traffic handled and will not unless Infinity Ward comes forward.
    "...we have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."
    - George Orwell

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Title Update 7 should have addressed this and, regardless or not if it didn't, they included the ability to hotfix/tweak those settings. It'll take time to see the full effects of things from this point forward.

"In other words comp the others with shitty connections up instead of comping the host with the good connection down. if that makes any sense."

Anti-lag doesn't work like that. There is no throttling of connections, so they can't technically "comp" someone "up or down." We as gamers don't know what was wrong with how host traffic handled and will not unless Infinity Ward comes forward.
    Ok then why is it only this game that has this issue then??? No issue like this with BLOPS only this piece of shit. By the way I did the 1.07 update yesterday and NO difference at all to the lag comp. If you become the host it instantly goes into the toilet with lag for you.

Total Bullshit, Oh but I did notice the grenade launchers sound better now! woopidy DO!
    Chris Rummel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok then why is it only this game that has this issue then??? No issue like this with BLOPS only this piece of shit. By the way I did the 1.07 update yesterday and NO difference at all to the lag comp. If you become the host it instantly goes into the toilet with lag for you.

Total Bullshit, Oh but I did notice the grenade launchers sound better now! woopidy DO!
    Chris Rummel
    This issue was accused of being on Black Ops as well. I understand it's frustrating, but lag is something that's entirely subjective. There are a wide range of opinions and a very, very vast amount of misconceptions. Again, it doesn't throttle connections.

In regards to your posting habits: Calm down. Stay frosty and be proper. You're posting like an ignorant gamer at the moment. No need for cursing, unnecessary punctuation and the likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    "...we have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."
    - George Orwell

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oh really

This issue was accused of being on Black Ops as well. I understand it's frustrating, but lag is something that's entirely subjective. There are a wide range of opinions and a very, very vast amount of misconceptions. Again, it doesn't throttle connections.

In regards to your posting habits: Calm down. Stay frosty and be proper. You're posting like an ignorant gamer at the moment. No need for cursing, unnecessary punctuation and the likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Oh really? I can put the BLOPS disk in and enter a lobby and have zero issues, and always could. You could tell the host would have a slight advantage, but it was never as bad as the disadvantage in MW3.

Also why state that the issue was addressed in update 1.07 and I download said update and still have the issue? it is as bad as it ever was, and when I see that priority is given to things like nerfing certain weapons, and people are able to quickscope at will is promoted, I tend to get frustrated, that the people are simply making the game taylored to little kids that get their mommys to buy it for them without any regard for the other people old enough to earn the money to buy the game.

Is it too much to ask that the game be made playable? And for real improvements made in the updates that are said to fix the problem? I really feel like I'm being lied too constantly with this game.
    Chris Rummel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really? I can put the BLOPS disk in and enter a lobby and have zero issues, and always could. You could tell the host would have a slight advantage, but it was never as bad as the disadvantage in MW3.

Also why state that the issue was addressed in update 1.07 and I download said update and still have the issue? it is as bad as it ever was, and when I see that priority is given to things like nerfing certain weapons, and people are able to quickscope at will is promoted, I tend to get frustrated, that the people are simply making the game taylored to little kids that get their mommys to buy it for them without any regard for the other people old enough to earn the money to buy the game.

Is it too much to ask that the game be made playable? And for real improvements made in the updates that are said to fix the problem? I really feel like I'm being lied too constantly with this game.
    Chris Rummel
    Again, lag is subjective. It isn't a constant for every gamer. You and I had pretty swell games in Black Ops, but there were ten fold users who experienced lag that was "game breaking." The same claims of "unjust throttling" and the likes were made then too. This is nothing new to me, but I'm sorry that you hare having a bad experience. Did you know that lag compensation has been virtually the same since COD2? Yes, I know it's hard to believe. The first real issues and mistakes were discussed this year and those have been issued a patch. A patch that allows for more tweaking.

I was informing you that a new patch arrived and what it did. Would you rather me leave you in the dark to be ignorant? Yes, I agree that those additional issues are frustrating, but I don't condone how you handled it. Have you ever heard of the phrase "don't shoot the messenger?" Yeah, don't get frustrated at me.

It is a lot. You're expecting perfect results from something you barely understand. Take a step back and think about this objectively. We do deserve a proper product, but technically it works. There are just far too many variables that are subjective.
    - George Orwell

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast