Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Private Private
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default customizable player cards?

Do you think MW3 will have this? My guess would be no. I think treyarch underestimated folks imaginations when it comes to using various symbols. I myself wish it would come back, I think it gives each player their own identity. Anyone know for sure?

Sénior Spánker Major: 4000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I dont ever make anything advanced what so ever but I know alot of people like this and spend alot of time on it. I do like it however because you can tell who is who normally and if your getting killed by the same person too much what gun that person is running etc.
    PSN: Spank2103

Brother Seamus Command Sergeant Major: 2000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would be a mistake not to bring the emblem creator back! There are so many cool emblems created by the community. In the grand scheme of things, it can't be that hard to implement.
    360/PSN: DeftMonkii

Private Private
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just hope all the offensive emblems don't scare IW from bringing it back

Sénior Spánker Major: 4000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy S77 View Post
    I just hope all the offensive emblems don't scare IW from bringing it back
    All it needs is a report button, I actually think they have one already saying that. Just delete them, give a warning, if they get more than 1 ban them for a month or something.

My friend got a ban on xbox from the emblem creator for having offensive playercard (he is 22 but maturity of a 10 year old).
    PSN: Spank2103

THE GRAND POOBAH

Thanks
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think giving players the ability to stand apart is a good idea but I think this wasn't the right direction to take it in.

I think player customization would have been a better direction. I think you should be able to:

1. Pick the ethnicity of your character.

2. Pick the gender of your character. - there are enough girl gamers out there to justify this now.

3. Customize your camo. Not just for your gun but for your entire uniform. This is a great way to get creative. Some guys go for concealment. Some for humor. Some try to standout. It's a good way to reflect your personality. It also makes it fun to try to find "that guy" that keeps killing you or to be "that guy" that everyone is afraid of. It brings some psychology into the game. Good stuff.

You can pick facial hair, scars, tattoos, face paint...all kinds of stuff. In some games they even let you scan in YOUR FACE and use it on your character as your play. That is pretty damn cool.

These are not new concepts. They have been available in other multiplayer FPS games for years. I'm really surprised they aren't already in CoD.
    Last edited by THUMP3R; 06-02-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    Chicks dig the gray hare.

Read the Rules

If you have any questions about the site, please use the Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Private Private
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THUMP3R View Post
    I think giving players the ability to stand apart is a good idea but I think this wasn't the right direction to take it in.

I think player customization would have been a better direction. I think you should be able to:

2. Pick the gender of your character. - there are enough girl gamers out there to justify this now.

3. Customize your camo. Not just for your gun but for your entire uniform. This is a great way to get creative. Some guys go for concealment. Some for humor. Some try to standout. It's a good way to reflect your personality. It also makes it fun to try to find "that guy" that keeps killing you or to be "that guy" that everyone is afraid of. It brings some psychology into the game. Good stuff.

You can pick facial hair, scars, tattoos, face paint...all kinds of stuff. In some games they even let you scan in YOUR FACE and use it on your character as your play. That is pretty damn cool.

These are not new concepts. They have been available in other multiplayer FPS games for years. I'm really surprised they aren't already in CoD.
    I like those ideas also

The Hand of the King Commander: 10,000 Posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Da_Fino I agree, I was really happy with the emblem creator and would love to figure out how to get my emblem as a signature image @THUMP3R I think this would be an awesome addition. even back in earlier multiplayer FPS you were able to customize your characters "skins" (I remember playing quake 2 and getting a skin that was all black with white slits for eyes) and I think girl gamers rock and should be able to play as girl characters... My future wife will be a girl that can kick my ass at COD lol

If you have any questions about the site, please use the Suggestions & Feedback forum.

IPC Forum Rules | IPC User Guide

Corporal Corporal: 50 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of being able to customize your character more. I would rather see this than the emblem creation. Some of the symbols are pretty offensive (creative, but offensive) for younger gamers. I am a parent of 2 kids (both to young for COD) but when they are older I would not want them seeing some of the emblems out there. This may be a barrier for some parent letting their kids play online. While this is an obvious minority, in the interest of broad appeal, I hope that offensive emblems are out and more player customization is in. Let us pick the gender, race, height, weight, etc...They we can express our creativity that way (like your Xbox Avatar).
    Last edited by Zephyr48; 06-02-2011 at 01:13 PM.

COD Community VIP  photo fireworksanimated_zpsac0a01f1.gif

Thanks
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THUMP3R View Post

Yes I totally agree! Take CoD to a whole new level!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast