I play CoD
Tips and Tricks
1. The rules can be found here: IplayCoD Rules. They are pretty good about the rules though and if you forget something it’s not a big deal. If you are pretty active site staff will overlook very minor things. However, do your very best to follow these rules.
2. If you want to quote someone, simply hit the “reply with quote” button at the bottom of their post. Quoting someone, will take their post and say at the top of your post “so and so said 'blah blah blah'”
3. Mentioning someone is a feature that is temporarily unavailble since the framework of the site was upgraded. We are actively seeking a resolution and will update when we have one.
4. You can quote multiple people in a thread by using the MQ+ button at the bottom of each post, simply click it on all the posts you want to quote and click the reply with quote button on the last post you want to quote. All posts you quoted will then appear in the text area at the top. When multi-quoting you can show just the segments you want to quote by removing the rest from each post and you can post your response after each quote.
5. The edit button is handy if you misspelled something (like someone’s username you mentioned. If it doesn’t show up as a green link when you post it, you didn’t spell it right. For example THUMPER is a common mistake when people want to mention THUMP3R ) The edit button also helps if you post info you later find out is incorrect, or you want to add something without double posting.
6. Using the “new posts” link is an easy way to see the latest posts in the forums, as well as any threads you have posted in.
7. Many links can be found across the top depending on the width of the window. For example, if you have a clan and want to give it a prescence on IPC you can click the Clans link and set up a new clan or join an existing clan. There is also a special section of the forum dedicated to recruiting which can be found here: Recruiting this is where you post if you want to get people to join your clan
8. To edit your signature click here: edit signature
9. To change your password click: here For security purposes it is unwise to use the same password on many sites. Changing your password is useful if you used the "connect with facebook" option. This is also required for the use of Tapatalk. You can test your password strength here. ideally your password should be rated as "best"
10. Many users wonder where they can create the image of a custom loadout for use in their signature. These images can be created here
11. To edit your Avatar (the small pic that shows under your name on the left side when you post) click here: edit avatar
12. To change your Rank (The US military rank symbols under each member's name) You must be active and bring your post count up. More info can be found here. Posting in the contest, forum games or new member introduction areas do not contribute to your post count
13. Whenever you make a post (advanced post not quick post at the bottom of the thread) or edit your signature, there are some buttons above the text box which provide helpful formatting tools, such as font formatting, adding images, youtube videos, links or spoiler tags. These can make formatting your posts easier without having to use code. To find out which button is which, simply hover your mouse over it and it will tell you what each button does.
14. If a post is useful to you (Like this one probably is ), click the “Thanks” and or "Like" button at the bottom. This is a small way to show your appreciation for someone’s good deeds.
15. To start a new thread, click “forums” at the top, go to the appropriate forum, and click the “new thread” button on the left side.
16. You can search for a thread topics by using the “search” text box at the top on the right hand side. This can be used to search, before posting, for similar threads so that if the topic has been posted about before, you can simply post in that thread as opposed to starting a new one. Moderators will appreciate this as it causes less mess for them to clean up.
17. All new members should start a new thread here: New Member Introductions - Call of Duty Forums also, feel free to welcome new members to the site. We love to make new members feel welcome
18. Clicking on your name at the very top of the screen bring you to your profile: here you can view stats, add new info to your profile and also add videos and photo albums to show off who you are.
19. If you are wondering how to get "prestige" status awarded to you on Iplaycod, currently this must be earned through lots of activity, frequent posting and helping other users.
20. When you encounter a post that is against Iplaycod's rules (see the link in point 1) you can use the "Report Post" button to notify site staff. This button can be found at the bottom left of every post and it appears as a small triangle with exclamation point. You can hover your mouse over the button to see a description ie:"Report Post". This button can be used to report spammers, controversial threads, personal attacks and any other broken rules to the staff. When you click the button you have the opportunity to explain why you are reporting the post. This is the most efficient and effective way of dealing with prohibited posts.
21.Have fun and enjoy Iplaycod!