Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Hand of the King Commander: 10,000 Posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Microsoft! listen up! Good idea

So... and xbox is basically a computer.. and people spend hundreds of bucks on separate hardware, often, just to record videos of them pwning n00bs on COD. So here's an idea; why can't microsoft create a downloadable update that provides the user with the ability to record gameplay and give you the option to also record headset audio (chatter and what-not). In fact, Microsoft could even charge a couple thousand microsoft points for this download, and I'm sure Nuff people would want to download it. We win because we get a much lower cost PVR, microsoft wins, because we fork out microsoft points to get it... and our groupies win because they get to watch in awe as we destroy scrubs on black ops . Anyone else think this is a good idea? For that matter, anyone know anyone who works for microsoft? if you do let me know so I can give them my address to send my royalty cheque

COD Community VIP  photo fireworksanimated_zpsac0a01f1.gif

Thanks
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love that! I wish I could do more than 30 second clips haha

Sergeant First Class Sergeant First Class: 500 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a good idea but don't you think it would take over some of the processing power? If it has to record and store that data the processing power would be decreased during the gameplay either causing lag in the game or the recorded video. I think they would need a whole new piece of equipment to accomplish this not just a download.

PSN: TibTuner04

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TibTuner04 View Post
    it is a good idea but don't you think it would take over some of the processing power? If it has to record and store that data the processing power would be decreased during the gameplay either causing lag in the game or the recorded video. I think they would need a whole new piece of equipment to accomplish this not just a download.
    The processor is a pretty high end and fast Xenon triple core @ 3.2 Ghz (at least in the new S-series) which is faster that that in a lot of gaming PC's. I imagine a lightweight app could be created that would just record to a file on the hard drive. I think it could be done... Anything would be better than the current capabilities or having to fork out 200 bucks for a PVR. At the very least, I think it's an idea that would be worth exploring on microsoft's part

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@gmrgrl4life how do you record 30 second clips?

If you have any questions about the site, please use the Suggestions & Feedback forum.

IPC Forum Rules | IPC User Guide

COD Community VIP  photo fireworksanimated_zpsac0a01f1.gif

Thanks
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I registered on CallofDuty.com and linked my youtube account and gamertag to it. Once I go into theater mode I edit my game to 30 seconds or less and then upload to my fileshare. Once in my fileshare I render it and it automatically uploads to my youtube and account on CallofDuty.com. It has to be 30 seconds or less or it wont render.

*Please no double posting just edit.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmrgrl4life View Post
    I registered on CallofDuty.com and linked my youtube account and gamertag to it. Once I go into theater mode I edit my game to 30 seconds or less and then upload to my fileshare. Once in my fileshare I render it and it automatically uploads to my youtube and account on CallofDuty.com. It has to be 30 seconds or less or it wont render.

*Please no double posting just edit.....

I was wondering about that... I'm on there too, but for some reason none of my videos would show up... just a screenshot. Must be because it's not 30 seconds

*my bad......

If you have any questions about the site, please use the Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Private First Class Private First Class: 15 Posts
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats an awesome idea.

I would love to record my gameplay without pointing a camera at my TV, I just cant afford to spend $2,000 just so I can upload a three minute video of me playing Black Ops

COD Community VIP General: 9000 posts Snake Champion, Asteroids Champion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a good idea. The reason it wouldnt happen is that the amount of memory that is required to keep recorded HD video and audio is so immense. ~11 GB an hour. so people could play a day, without software or game saves or DLC, and fill up their 250 gb harddrive. Unless the hdds get massively larger soon, this won't happen. That is why it is ment for PCs with TB of memory that gameplay can be placed.

Young man, don't rely on a sword.
    Cause your words will outlive even time.
    --O|A|R--

I Play CoD Rules

Thanks
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HansJibbleforth View Post
    Its a good idea. The reason it wouldnt happen is that the amount of memory that is required to keep recorded HD video and audio is so immense. ~11 GB an hour. so people could play a day, without software or game saves or DLC, and fill up their 250 gb harddrive. Unless the hdds get massively larger soon, this won't happen. That is why it is ment for PCs with TB of memory that gameplay can be placed.

I'd settle for a lower resolution even 480p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast