User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Micro-DLC going to return to Future CODs in a big way...

Sergeant First Class Sergeant First Class: 500 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Micro-DLC going to return to Future CODs in a big way...

So this is a thing:

Activision CEO said he has full confidence in Sledgehammer Games to deliver one of the best Call of Duty titles ever.
    “This will give our designers more time to envision and innovate for each title. Simultaneously, it will give our content creators more focus on DLC and micro-DLC which, as you know, have become large and high-margin opportunities and significant engagement drivers,” Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg said during an annual earnings call today. “Finally, we’ll give our teams more time to polish, helping ensure we deliver the best possible experience to our fans – each and every time.”
    Hirshberg went on to say that Activision “needed a third studio capable of delivering the level of excellence required for the West’s biggest interactive entertainment franchise” and that Sledgehammer Games fits the bill. “They demonstrated their skill on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and on their past highly-rated games.”

If you can only see black, change the setting from 360p to something else and then back if 720 isn't available yet, will bring the video feed back.
    Last edited by Beardnor; 02-07-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    The Chinstrap Commander with the Facial Hair of Destiny!
    www.youtube.com/beardnor

FNG Commander: 10,000 Posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dislike dlc that my season pass doesn't give me but like having something to spend my reward moneys on
    Beardnor likes this.

TURTLE BEACH / KONTROL FREEK / GUNNAR OPTIKS / SQUID GRIP / SCUF GAMING

Protecting IPC's crops Brigadier General: 6000 posts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as it's micro-DLC like camos and just overall purely cosmetic things that is included in the micro-DLC I'm fine. If it ends up like mobile games though or even BF3 where you can buy unlocks, XP, etc. then eff dat, yo.

Staff Sergeant Staff Sergeant: 250 posts
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowman View Post
    As long as it's micro-DLC like camos and just overall purely cosmetic things that is included in the micro-DLC I'm fine. If it ends up like mobile games though or even BF3 where you can buy unlocks, XP, etc. then eff dat, yo.
    I agree. Aesthetic changes, whatever, I don't care. Pay to win, no es bueno.
    Beardnor likes this.
    The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the scariest thing though... Someone could argue that the PeaceKeeper and Maverick are not OP guns and therefore wouldn't be pay to win per say, BUT...

If they start releasing guns or gun packs as DLC then everyone will throw their money blindly at it making it OK for Activision to repeat the offense.

I really hope this doesn't become a thing.
    The good things last time was none of the camos were hard to make out or blended into anything... they were all obnoxious for the most part.
    But if the aesthetic changes become things like "guillie gun cover" or different camos that are legit camos... There will be some advantage to be had.
    Even the extra class slots could be skewed as unfair. Someone who has a class for every scenario will certainly perform better than someone with say 6 or 10.
    Xombie King likes this.
    www.youtube.com/beardnor

Prestige Member Sergeant Major: 1500 posts

Statesville, North Carolina, United States
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only concern as it was said would be possible camos that actually do make it hard to see. Or like @Beardnor said. The "guillie gun cover." If anything like that comes up it would make it that much harder to deal with a camper. However most people even with the full guillie suit are running around regardless. I'm all for more guns. As long as they stay balanced. I don't have the DLC for Ghosts. I had the Peacekeeper and between being killed by it and killing with it I felt the gun was OP. To think it could happen again (more often) is pretty unsettling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beardnor likes this.

Resident Gun Nut Colonel: 5000 posts Tetris Champion, Space Invaders Champion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this as nothing more than to take advantage of people who have a spending problem. Perfect example is that last couple of madden games with that card game where you could build your own team and then play those "cards" to win more games and rewards. So let's be honest you're spending money for digital content that will pretty much not be picked up again once the new game comes out.

The other problem I have with this scenario is that they are going to try and create bigger games, and as a result have bigger problems.
    Beardnor and Xombie King like this.

Xbox One - SeaBass2015

Check out my Improvement/Tips Thread:Improving Slowly

Corporal Corporal: 50 posts
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The maverick is the poor mans ak12. The peacekeeper was good. I hope they offer a couple free maps like they did with terminal.

Private Private

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't mind extra loadout slots at all. Black ops 2 did micro transactions good. As long as no OP weapons, equipment, kill streaks, or perks come into play, I warmly accept micro Transactions in CoD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Birth View Post
    Wouldn't mind extra loadout slots at all. Black ops 2 did micro transactions good. As long as no OP weapons, equipment, kill streaks, or perks come into play, I warmly accept micro Transactions in CoD
    My biggest gripe was that the camos were just a purchase.. I would rather have them be an unlockable challenge tagged on to DLC.

Like lets be honest, the man hours put into one camo doesnt require everyone to be paying that kind of cash for it.
    Its just a cash grab in my opinion.
    www.youtube.com/beardnor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast